Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, May 27

Review: Underworld by Meg Cabot

underworld

Title: Underworld

By: Meg Cabot

Series: Abandoned Series Book 2

Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Romance

My Copy: Review Book from Publisher

BookWhisperer Rating:

3 button

About the book:

Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.
Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.
Not this time.
But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.
Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.
But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.
And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape.

review plateMeg Cabot has always been a fave of my since my introductions to her Mediator Series. While I am not a huge fan of the chic lit novels that she has created; I can honestly say that she definitely knows her way around paranormal. I am absolutely not a mythology buff, but I love reader stories that are a retelling of these various myths. Abandon was just that in the variation to the tale of Hates and Persephone. This is a dark and twisting tale in itself, and I felt that Cabot captures that mystery and intrigue in her writing. Regretfully, I did not find Underworld to captivate me as deeply as book one, but all in all it was a good addition this this loved story. I look forward to seeing if Cabot will be offering more in the way of supernatural, but I have to say that this novel has made me question the continuation of this particular series. 

nameplate

1 comment:

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) said...

This series has beautiful covers! The covers alone make me want to read it, but reviews always deter me. They aren't so positive :-(