Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Saturday, May 19

Blog Tour for Legacy of a Dreamer: Guest Post with Allie Jean

Legacy of a Dreamer
By: Allie Jean
Synopsis:
Chantal Breelan is a ward of the state, living under the care of a woman who is cold and heartless. Her past is a mystery, and her future is even more uncertain. She can’t recall why she had been taken from her parents and so she’s left with nothing but an empty hole where her childhood should have been. When she awakens from her nightmares, she’s left with terrible, violent images, as well as a boy whose face is oddly familiar, yet can’t be placed.

Scared and alone, Chantal begins to confide in an imaginary friend – a shadow in the shape of a man who stands in the corner of her room. She is comforted when she believes he listens to her.

On her eighteenth birthday, Chantal is forced to leave her foster home. She moves to New York City, but the start of her new life doesn’t begin as smoothly as she’d hoped. In this environment, she faces a whole new set of challenges.

One night at a subway station, Chantal meets a young boy who runs away from her, and she’s compelled to follow him down into the tunnels. But this Rabbit Hole reveals a world where reality is a nightmare. Her dreams are clues to her future, and her life becomes twisted and dangerous when she learns that things that go bump in the night are not just in fairy tales and childhood stories.

Guest Post from Allie Jean
I asked Allie to give readers a little in sight into how creating her first book and second book differ. This is what she had to say below:

I'd have to say the difference between writing book one and the second is that I can move the plot along at a much faster pace. In the first one, we have to establish this world the Chantal finds herself in the middle of, discover the history of her race, and the mystery behind the Shade. The main characters have to be introduced and established. With the second book, it's moving so much faster. I have all my players out there and am literally moving them along a timeline of ideas and battles, seeing who makes it to the third book, and who falls victim to the war. I feel like I'm playing a chess match as I'm writing it, moving all my significant players around on both sides of the field. I guess a chess board is an accurate discription of this war their fighting: Good vs. Evil, black vs. White. And in this one, Chantal discovers that she is just as powerful as the Queen on the chess board. It's been a lot of fun discovering her talent and powers along with her, and heading on the massive adventure to rescue Lydia, and find out why the Kajola want her so desperately. ~ Allie Jean

Due to joining this blog tour so late in the game I was unable to review the book before this post. This has been added to my to be reads, and I will definitely be reviewing it in the future.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am almost done with book 1. I find it hard to put down. It is definitely keeping my attention. I can't wait to pick it up each time I have a moment. So looking forward to book 2, 3, 4.....etc., and maybe another series???? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your writing Allie Jean!!!!
Love, Lisa Brown