Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, October 30

Review: Dirty Blood by Heather Hildenbrand

dirty blood

Title: Dirty Blood

By: Heather Hildenbrand

Series: Dirty Blood Book 1

Publisher: Accendo Press (April 2nd, 2011)

My Copy: Barnes and Noble Purchase

BookWhisperer Rating:

5 button copy

About the book:

I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.
Now, all I can do is accept the truths that are staring me in the face. One, Werewolves do exist. And Two, I was born to kill them.

 Reviews PlateHell Yeah!!! This was an incredible book. I would go as far as to say that this is a comparison to my beloved Cat and Bones Series.  Heather Hildenbrand offers a kick ass and brutal read that will grab readers from the first page. Tara is your intense heroine that will take no crap from anyone. I was in love with her character from the start. Her sarcasm along with her no nonsense approach gives her a well round and fun personality that proves an immediate attention grabber.

This concept of the “Dirty Blood” was inventive and fresh. I like how it gives them an advantage over the other breeds, and places hope in the hands of our characters for a brighter future if they can overcome. The stereotypes of your werewolves and hunter are twisted in this novel, but it was all very intriguing with the exception of the werewolf’s ability to talk when shifted. This talent was a bit odd for a me to follow in the beginning. The concept is easily summed up as Hunter and Werewolves.  The “Dirty Blood” is the very rare occasion that a child is born with both of the abilities of a Werewolf and Hunter. The result is a stronger, and kick ass mixed breed that is destined to change the world for both species.

From the start through the last pages Dirty Blood offers a rollercoaster read, that will race you through page after page. I finished this story of 677 pages in less than 24 hours if that tells anything. With a story that you can not put down, Hildebrand promises more to come in the following installments. This is a BOOKWHISPERER RECOMMENDED read.

Name Plate copy

1 comment:

Cambria said...

I totally agree!! Dirty blood is the fabulous! Are u ezcited for cold blood later this month? I am!!