By: Kiersten White
Series: Eternal Ones Book #2
Publisher: Harper Teen (July 26th, 2011)
My Copy: Advanced Reading Copy from Publisher
About the book:
A lot has changed in the six months since Evie escaped from the International Paranormal Containment Agency with her shape-shifter boyfriend, Lend. She finally has the blissfully normal life she’s always dreamed of, including:
1) A real live high school
2) A perfectly ordinary after-school job
3) Her very own locker (and by the way, rusted metal is every bit as awesome as she imagined)
But Evie’s not-so-normal past keeps creeping up on her...and things get pretty complicated when you factor in:
1) A centuries-old, seriously decaying vampire stalker
2) A crazy faerie ex-boyfriend who is the perpetual bearer of really bad news
3) A major battle brewing between the faerie courts where the prize in question happens to be...Evie herself.
So much for normal.
Kreisten White continues her unique and intriguing story in the Eternal Ones series. Evie has now settled into a somewhat normal life with Lend and his Father. Although, this story proves that is anything but normal. Danger seems to follow her around ever turn. It was reassuring to see her turn back to the ICAP; even if it was on her terms and no longer being a slave to their needs. Developments in this book do shed light to Evie’s past that will add a little more understanding to her future. This character does seem easily swayed from her journey easily in these novels which add frustration for the readers. Best of all I adore the humor that fills these stories. Evie is hilarious and pure enjoyment to read. White’s experience is increasing that is previewed in the easy and effortless flow of this entire story. This is a series that readers will love to follow.