Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Thursday, September 9

Review: Torment by Lauren Kate

torment

Title: Torment

By: Lauren Kate

Publisher: Delacorte Books (September 28th, 2010)

My Copy: Early Reviewer provided by publisher

Reading Level: Young Adult Paranormal Fiction

BookWhisperer Rating:

4 button copy - Copy

Book Description:

LOVE NEVER DIES

Lucinda is sure that she and Daniel are meant to be together forever. Now they are forced apart in a desperate bid to save Luce from the Outcasts–immortals who want her dead. As she discovers more about her past lives, Luce starts to suspect that Daniel is hiding something. What if he has lied to her about their shared past? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

 

Fallen was one of a my favorite releases of 2009. I have been captured by the angel theme that seems to have taken hold of this genre over the past two years. Torment is the second in the series, and continues this incredible story of love and loss. In Fallen I found myself concerned with the overall pace, and I was not surprised to find the same concerns in Torment. Although, don’t get me wrong this is a prime example of stories that might start out slowly, but conclude with a mind blowing story that all readers are dared to love. I am very impressed with the ending bringing all of our loved characters from both books together, and the promise for more to come in the next book. Lauren Kate has out done herself yet again, and I am anxious to see if the next book has more of Daniels role and feelings than either of the past books. Luce personality has taken on a life of its own, and I am proud of the person that she is becoming the novel. Her decisions at the end of Torment  has shown the amount this character has grown, and expanded this from being a little innocent romance. I look forward to the next book, and this definitely one that I will recommend to all.

Name Plate copy

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I liked Luce a lot in this book and enjoyed her growth as well. I like how she's taking matters into her own hands.