Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Monday, August 30

Review: IDrakula by Bekka Black

Title: IDrakula
By: Bekka Black
Level: Young Adult Paranormal Fiction
Publisher: Sourcebooks
My Copy: ARC providered by publisher
BookWhisperer Rating:

Book Description:
The classic vampire story that started it all gets new life for a generation of connected teens.

18-year-old Jonathan Harker is diagnosed with a rare blood disorder after visiting a Romanian Count. His girlfriend Mina and a pre-med student named Van Helsing team up to investigate the source of the disease. The teenagers discover a horrifying truth: the Count is a vampire. The harrowing events unfold through emails, text messages, web pages, Twitter feeds, and instant messaging-the natural modernization of Bram Stoker's original Dracula, which was written in letters, diary entries, and news clippings.



IDrakula is a very unique book written through emails, text, webpages, new, etc. This is the story of a young man with a rare blood disorder that he soon finds is not a blood disorder at all. I was anxious at reading this book with the uniqueness in its method of delivery. Although, I quickly discovered that this is not the easiest way to read a story. It is especially difficult to follow when you are learning the story from one person talking to another in email or text. Confusing is the best word that I can describe this book. As for the actual storyline I am torn and find myself lacking any definte pros or cons. I rated this book with a three and feel that this is the perfect rating for it was not a horrible book, but it was not something that I can see myself revisiting. If you are interested in reviewing this for yourself look for it to be a Second Chance Giveaway here on The BookWhisperer.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

hmmmm I'm not sure this is for me, simply because it sounds too jumbled...great honest review though!

Nina said...

Yeah, I don't know about this one either. It does sounds interesting and unique. Love the cover. ;)
Great review!

AmandaRose said...

Hey, I just read this one too! Found it a bit confusing too. I think it wouldn't have been so bad, but I had never read Bram Stoker's Dracula. Check out my review at amandarosetew.blogspot.com!