Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, July 11

Second Chance: Golden Country by Jennifer Gilmore

This is BookWhisperer’s attempt to give every book it very best chance for a great review. Second Chance Giveaway’s are a giveaways are book that I feel would be better review by another to get a better review. If you are interested comment below for your chance to win.

golden country

Golden Country by Jennifer Gilmore

Book Description:

Golden Country vividly brings to life the intertwining stories of three immigrants seeking their fortunes: the handsome and ambitious Seymour, a salesman turned gangster turned Broadway producer; the gentle and pragmatic Joseph, a door-to-door salesman who is driven to invent a cleanser effective enough to wipe away the shame of his brother’s mob connections; and the irresistible Frances Gold, who grows up in Brooklyn, stars in Seymour’s first show, and marries the man who invents television. Their three families, though inextricably connected for years, are brought together for the first time by the engagement of Seymour’s son and Joseph’s daughter. David and Miriam’s marriage must endure the inheritance of not only their parents’ wealth but also the burdens of their pasts.

Spanning the first half of the twentieth century, Golden Country captures the exuberance of the American dream while exposing its underbelly—disillusionment, greed, and the disaffection bred by success

Rules:

*Must be a follower

*Must live in the US

Contest ends 08/12/2010

Name Plate copy

8 comments:

Steve Capell said...

I haven’t read any of this author’s books, but your review sounds like a book that I would take pleasure in reading. Thanks you so much for hosting this giveaway.

steven(dot)capell(at)gmail(dot)com

Infertility Goddess said...

I would love to be entered, thanks for the contest. (ps I am a follower)

debbie said...

I am a gfc follower. The book sounds interesting, I would love to read it.
debbie
twoofakind12@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I have always been interested in stories about immigrants and I am a follower.

luiloth said...

Thanks for the contest, I am a follower - lulilut (twitter)

Misusedinnocence said...

I follow on gfc and would love to read this.
misusedinnocence@aol.com

kjovus said...

This book sounds interesting. I enjoy american history so I think I would like this book.
I am a follower.
kjovus(at)gmail(dot)com

allisonsbj3 said...

Sounds interesting!

allisonsbj3(at)gmail(dot)com