Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Thursday, July 1

Review: Nothing Like You by Laura Strasnick`

nothing like you

Title: Nothing Like You

By: Lauren Strasnick

Reading Level: Young Adult Fiction

Publisher: Simon Pulse

BookWhisperer Review:

five stars

 

Book Description:

“You think he’s yours but he’s not, I thought. You think he’s yours but really he’s mine.”
When Holly loses her virginity to Paul, a guy she barely knows, she assumes their encounter is a one-night stand. After all, Paul is too popular to even be speaking to Holly, and he happens to have a long-term girlfriend, Saskia. But ever since Holly’s mom died six months ago, Holly has been numb to the world, and she’s getting desperate to feel something, anything—so when Paul keeps pursuing her, Holly relents. Paul’s kisses are a welcome diversion, and it’s nice to feel like the kind of girl that a guy like Paul would choose.
But things aren’t so simple with Saskia around. Paul’s real girlfriend is willowy and perfect… and nothing like Holly. To make matters worse, she and Holly are becoming friends. Suddenly the consequences of Holly’s choices are all too real, and Holly stands to lose more than she ever realized she had.

 

reviews plate copy Nothing Like You has been in my to be read pile for quite some time, and like many others I am sure I picked it out and reread the description thinking was I sure about reading this. Thank goodness I did not set it back down. I loved every minute of this novel. Not only did I love it, but I finished it in about 24 hours. Impressive is the ease at which you will find yourself sliding through the story. I was halfway done before I ever realized it. As a recently singled mother, I could have related very easily to Saskia in this book. Although, I found myself feeling sorry for the Holly. This is a wonderful novel about learning the importance of self worth. I believe that many young adults would benefit from a look at books such as this. As an adult I read it is easy to read between the lines, even when the character isn’t. This is a vivid realistic look at today’s world, and how incredibly easy it is to find yourself in a situation such as this. The ending was intense, and it is a gut wrenching emotion ending that will hold your attention long past the last word. When Holly finds herself on the outs from Nils and Saskia and everyone knows it is like hell for this character.  Even though I firmly believe in making your bed and laying in it; this character forces me to re-evaluate with a situation such as this. Tough love, I guess is the best love, but it just seems wrong when it all comes down on the one person that was blindly sabotaged as well. Not that I feel this character did not know what she was doing, but Paul was playing her like a harp knowing young females this is not an easy thing to overcome even when it is wrong. Thus as I said before this would be a wonderful read for young adult females to take this journey with this character. This may be an easy way to see a path they would not want to take.

Name Plate copy

2 comments:

Nina said...

Great review, it does sounds pretty good. I havent noticed it before, I think that has to do with the cover. Shame on me!

David A. Bedford said...

All of us deserve to grow up feeling loved and to be taught lovingly. When we are we make much better choices. Parents should keep this in mind as, in the story reviewed here, you never know how much time you will have with your children. Please vist my blog!