Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Tuesday, July 20

Review: Legacies by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill

Legacies

Title: Legacies

By: Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill

Series: Shadow Grail Book 1

Publisher: Tor Books

My Copy: Publisher Review Copy

 

BookWhisperer Rating: three stars

Book Description:

Shadow Hunt is the first book in the Shadow Grail series.
Spirit White wasn't exactly a normal teenager; but when a freak accident left her the only survivor in her family, she found herself the legal ward of a strange boarding school and orphanage in the middle of Montana--the Oakhurst Academy--and its even stranger headmaster, Doctor Ambrosius.

reviews plate copy

In the past I have had some trouble reading anything that was written by Mercedes Lackey; I felt that I struggle finding a connection with this authors writings. Although, I was excited and anxious to get my hands on this book and take it for a spin. Having finished I can now say that this was not the absolute best book that I have ever read. With an enjoyable storyline I did find myself able to make progression in the book, and this being a determining factor into a books rating was beneficial to this book. Legacies carries a very unique story based on the idea for Magicians and a Magic School. It is definitely not something that we have seen much of in this new rave of supernatural books. While, I can find positives to note about this book there are still several negatives that I grasped while reading. There was not a point that I felt absorbed in the story or unable to put the book down; which leads to distractions and struggles with staying focused on the story. I believe that much of this could be related to this books characters; I could not nothing truly significant about any of the characters in this story. Even concluding the story I am numb in emotion about how I personally feel about any of them, and they seem to be something that would be easy to forget after having finished the story. Although, it is not just the characters looking at the story as a whole my consistent emotion toward this book is numb. This would be way I have rated in the middle. I do not have anything totally terrible to review, but I also can not review that it was wonderful either. There already promises more to come in this series, and I can foresee myself reading the second book, but purely due to curiosity more than interest.  The curiosity would be to see if the second book had gotten any better than the first book, and to see if maybe this series will begin slow and go out with a BANG.

Name Plate copy

1 comment:

AmandaRose said...

I wasn't extremely thrilled with this novel either, but something about it enabled em to finish it! Check out my review at amandarosetew.blogspot.com