Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Friday, July 9

Review: Just Like That by Marsha Qualey

just like that

Title: Just Like That

By: Marsha Qualey

Reading Level: Young Adult Fiction

Publisher: Dial Books

BookWhisperer Rating:

four stars

Book Description:

A tragic accident ending with the death of two people her own age changes life forever for an eighteen-year-old woman.

reviews plate copy 

Just Like That creates a lot of mixed emotions for me as a reader, so I believe that best way to review this particular book is to explain why I am having the conflicted feelings. In the beginning this book seemed to be unnatural in the speed and intensity of this small relationship between Will and Hanna. I found it very hard to accept and understand the feelings being portrayed because it did not seem realistic. Once the story turns and we find out the true age of Will; I began to grasp the situation a little more willingly. Throughout this beginning, the pace of the book was quick and fluent making it a very easy read. Although, after this point the pace changes and the story begins to decrease speed; then abruptly begins jumping through time and highlighting certain moments. Even though, this book contains a very impressive storyline it doesn't seem to carry the same direction through the entire book. This can be a very difficult adjustment to make in the middle of a story, and leaves the reader without any direction.  I found this story to be very enjoyable, even with moments of uncertainity. Lastly, the very best aspect of this entire book is its
ending. I actually find myself needing to reevaluate my thoughts on the entire story, but of the deep love I have for the ending alone. Being a hopeless romantic, I love how the author wrapped up all of the story's events in this ending chapter. I feel that no stone was left unturned, and after everything coming unraveled it all has been safely rewrapped and
tucked away nicely. Expect struggle this is not the easiest novel, but after completing it was well worth all my time. I will recommend!

Name Plate copy

1 comment:

brizmus said...

I like books that seem to make you think like this. thanks for the great review!