Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Monday, July 19

Review: Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James

beautiful malice

Title: Beautiful Malice

By: Rebecca James

Reading Level: Adult Mystery

My Copy: Librarything Early Reviewer Copy

BookWhisperer Rating:

two stars

Book Description:

So. Were you glad, deep down? Were you glad to be rid of her? Your perfect sister? Were you secretly glad when she was killed?
Following a terrible tragedy that leaves her once-perfect family shattered, Katherine Patterson moves to a new city, starts at a new school, and looks forward to a new life of quiet anonymity.
But when Katherine meets the gregarious and beautiful Alice Parrie her resolution to live a solitary life becomes difficult. Katherine is unable resist the flattering attention that Alice pays her and is so charmed by Alice’s contagious enthusiasm that the two girls soon become firm friends. Alice’s joie de vivre is transformative; it helps Katherine forget her painful past and slowly, tentatively, Katherine allows herself to start enjoying life again.
But being friends with Alice is complicated – and as Katherine gets to know her better she discovers that although Alice can be charming and generous she can also be selfish and egocentric. Sometimes, even, Alice is cruel.
And when Katherine starts to wonder if Alice is really the kind of person she wants as a friend, she discovers something else about Alice - she doesn’t like being cast off.

reviews plate copy Beautiful Malice caught my attention from the cover to description. Winning on Librarything Early Reviewers was what I felt to be a miracle. After having tired to read this book on three separate attempts I do see myself finishing this book. While I find myself drawn to the storyline; I struggle with this particular authors writing style to the point I have to move on to something else. I find this further frustrating than just not liking a book all together. I continued to believe that I would hit a point that the storyline would be so captivating I would be over to overlook the struggle with writing, but I never hit that point and I feel that I can not waste anymore time trying to make progress with this story. Look for Beautiful Malice is an upcoming Second Chance Giveaway at www.book-whisperer.blogspot.com.

Name Plate copy

2 comments:

Malbebe said...

I felt the same way toward the book I read about 96 pages and I was not impressed with it. I kept thinking it was going to get better but at one point I had had enough.' I gave it two stars too.

brizmus said...

I hate it when that happens! I usually manage to finish despite that and then am even more disappointed that I wasted so much time because it never got good.
Sad this book turned out that way, though, as the description really does look good.