Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Tuesday, June 29

Review: Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

feat reviewer

incarceron

Title: Incarceron

By: Catherine Fisher

Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Publisher: Dial Books

Book Whisperer Rating:

three stars

Book Description:

Imagine a living prison so vast that it contains corridors and forests, cities and seas. Imagine a prisoner with no memory, who is sure he came from Outside, even though the prison has been sealed for centuries and only one man, half real, half legend, has ever escaped.
Imagine a girl in a manor house in a society where time has been forbidden, where everyone is held in a seventeenth century world run by computers, doomed to an arranged marriage that appals her, tangled in an assassination plot she both dreads and desires.
One inside, one outside
But both imprisoned.
Imagine a war that has hollowed the moon, seven skullrings that contain souls, a flying ship and a wall at the world's end.
Imagine the unimaginable.
Imagine Incarceron.

 

reviews plate copy

While BookWhisperer prides herself in reading and reviewing various genres. Although Fantasy reads were never high on my list for enjoyment. My attempt to read Incarceron after its release was due to the huge wave of good reviews immediately following its release. Now having completed it I can say that I finished it and found it to my an alright book. I have a deep appreciation for its ability to build such a tremendous fantasy world. With a futuristic present world, but then to also add the bonus of a prison that is an entire world is impressive. This book demands readers with a very active imagination in order truly experience the depth of such a novel. Along with a very interesting story Fisher has a slew of characters that are very well rounded but yet easy to follow. This allows for the majority of the story's focus to be focus toward the intricate story. While I have learned to appreciate the story; I must admit that this would not be a book that I could not live without having read. Yes, I can understand and see the genuine work for such a complex story; but, no this not a story that I would call an awesome read. I look forward to the next book, and moving on past this experience. Last little note the cover art for this book was a wonderful mystery and one of the best I have seen in awhile. The key carries extreme significance in this book, and was a wonderful marker for the novel it will drawl readers in to discover the mystery.

 

bwb signature

2 comments:

My 5 Monkeys(Julie) said...

Great review and totally get that this book isn't for all. But what imagination to create a world with a prison.

Keary Taylor said...

I agree with what you've said. I'm trying to read this book right now and am kind of having to force myself to read it. It is VERY imaginative and a cool idea but having a hard time getting into it.