Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Tuesday, June 15

Review: First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost

first drop of crimson

Title: First Drop of Crimson

By: Jeaniene Frost

Genre: Adult PNR

Series: Night Huntress World Series

BookWhisperer Rating:

five stars

Book Description:

Denise MacGregor knows all too well what lurks in the shadows – her best friend is half-vampire Cat Crawfield – and she has already lost more than the average human could bear. But her family’s dark past is wrapped in secrets and shrouded in darkness – and a demon shapeshifter has marked Denise as prey. Now her survival depends on an immortal who craves a taste of her.

He is Spade, a powerful, mysterious vampire who has walked the earth for centuries and is now duty-bound to protect this endangered, alluring human – even if it means destroying his own kind. Denise may arouse his deepest hungers, but Spade knows he must fight his urge to have her as they face the demon nightmare together…

Because once the first drop of crimson falls, they will both be lost.

 

reviews plate copy

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!! I love Jeaniene Frost! Immediately after it’s release I came across a book called Halfway to the Grave four years ago, the book description was catchy and promised for another interesting heroine that I so love so I figured “What the Heck”. Now four years later I am a hooked fiend, and can not enough of Frost writing or the stories that she has created. I was curious how well I would like First Drop of Crimson seeing as how it is a spin off to the Cat and Bones series, but I am here to stand on this mountain top and scream that it doesn’t matter if is done by this author. If Jeaniene Frost has written it; it will be a promising story that you will find yourself up for days to finish. If it takes that long; seeing has how I finished this book cover to cover in twelve hours!

Spade has always been Bones’s back up in the past books. There has never been much to this character, and he was a little rough around the edges. Well don’t let that be a disappointment he is still rough around that edges, but when he loves you he will take on hell to keep you safe. Which is always a plus if I do say so myself. Frost built this character into something that will be craved just as much as our dear Bones, and will an accent. LOL! Denise is Spades heart throb in this novel, and I have to say I was so excited to see the turnout after having lost her husband in Destined for an Early Grave. Curiosity about how this author would turn about that situation was utterly impressive to see this was not over looked in this book, making it more acceptable and realistic for this character to move on. And please don’t be discourage about the change of characters for I was ecstatic to see that Cat and Bones played a large role in the second half of this book. I would have thought it hard to write a spin off novel, and cast different characters front and center while still including this die hard characters. Although, I must say that I was not discouraged in the story at all to not have them not leading the story.

This book is exceptional. Which leads me back to that it is not the characters or the story; it is this insatiable author and her writing abilities. Every paranormal reader will feel at home this Frost books where she can create a story with kick ass action, a awesome plot, and amazing love. There is nothing else to ask for, go get your copy NOW! FYI in case you don’t already know Eternal Kiss of Darkness will be released released on  July 27th. I also look forward to the next installment in the Night Huntress series that will be rolling again next year. I have been heart broken seen I found out that Frost was taking this year for the Night Huntress World books, but it has proven worth it.

Name Plate copy

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Great review, I read this book when it came out and LOVED it just as much as you, I can't get enough of her series' and can't wait for her next one to come out!

Cleverly Inked said...

COnfession..I still have not started the Cat and Bones series. I know sad. I never seem to read what the freaking really great stuff