Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Wednesday, June 2

Deception Blog Tour: Interview with Lee Nichols

Hey Guys! This is BookWhisperer’s first blog tour. I had the pleasure of meeting Lee Nichols the new author of the upcoming release Deception: A Haunting Emma Novel. If you haven’t had the pleasure of reading her amazing debut novel this is one that you don’t want to miss.

deception

Description:

When Emma Vaile's parents go missing while away on a mysterious business trip, her brother's very cute best friend, Bennett Stern—Emma's knight in J. Crew armor—arrives unexpectedly to whisk her away to New England. There, Emma settles into his family's museum-like mansion and enrolls at an old-fashioned private school. Emma has memories of Thatcher that she can't explain—it's as if she's returning home to a place she's never been. Finally, Emma confides in Bennett and learns she is a ghostkeeper, a person who can communicate with ghosts. Bennett brought Emma to Thatcher to protect her, but now he needs her help tracking an other-worldly murderer.

Q&A with Lee Nichols

1)Tell BookWhisperer followers a bit about yourself?

 I was born in Massachusetts, but raised in California. I've been writing for over ten years. My first novel, Tales of a Drama Queen, was published in 2004, and Deception is my first novel for teens. I live with my husband, also a writer, and our young son in Maine.

2) How is writing young adult novels different than writing adult novels.

Mostly just getting the language, emotions and motivations of teens right. Otherwise I don't find it any different.

Do you consider it easier or harder?

Neither. A lot of work goes into writing a novel, no matter what age it's for.

3)Where did the idea for the Ghostkeepers series come from?

I wanted to write a contemporary gothic novel, with a tough heroine.

4)Is there anything you would like to tell readers about the next two books? Maybe to get them more excited?

 There's a lot more action in Betrayal, the second novel. Emma really lets loose with her powers and totally kicks butt. The third book is called Possession, and ghosts infiltrate Emma's school.

5) Do you look to write more young adult books after the Ghostkeepers series?

 I probably will. I've really liked writing these books.

6)What is your favorite book that you have written so far? and Why?

Oh, it's always the last one I've finished. So the second Haunting Emma book, because it's the freshest in my mind.

7)What is in store for you over the coming months?

 I'm promoting Deception and writing Possession, and hoping to slip in a few nice days at the beach.

I want to shout out a special Thanks! to Lee Nichols for taking the time to talk with me. I find her to be a wonderful author, and I can not wait to read more of her books. She has created a wonderful addition to the wonderful world of Young Adult Books. She is a very talented woman with a knack for the adventure; I am definitely signing up for that ride.

Name Plate copy

2 comments:

Marg said...

Nice interview! Seems like this series is definitely one to keep an eye on!

donnas said...

Great interview. Thanks for taking the time to do it.