Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, May 23

Review: Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

spirit bound

Title: Spirit Bound

By: Richelle Mead

Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Romance

Publisher: Razorbill (May 18th, 2010)

BookWhisperer Rating:

five stars

Book Description:

Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong…

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s—and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives beyond the Academy’s iron gates to begin. But Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri, and he's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her...forever

 

reviews plate copyAfter pining over this book for months I have ran through it in just days, and find myself in waiting all over again. Such a tremendous author that has me cursing and ranting for hours after finishing the final pages of every book. Rose’s journey has been long, but well worth every minute spent reading. I have been torn to find the determination of Rose’s future. After having traveled to Siberia in the last book, she is back at Valdamir long enough to graduate in this novel. So largely this book takes place at Court that was visited in an early novel. I was astounded by the amount of action all in this one book. It was almost like three stories wrapped into one. At 489 pages I was impressed this this book didn’t have a rushed feel while reading.  On to the goods,  I am ecstatic about the outcome of Dimitri. Although I found myself torn over the liking I have taken to Adrian. I can honestly say that I have no idea how I would like it to turn out.

As a whole Spirit Bound has taken the safe and comfortable world, and twisted it upside down leaving no one to trust. Mead’s twist in that leaves in Rose imprisoned was a hard punch to the gut, and I don’t know who Mead plans to get her out of this predicament. In light of these events Rose’s Dad has taken on a lot larger role in this book, and I anticipate he will be a large role in the upcoming Last Sacrifice. Usually after reading a series this one long; one begins to have feelings about where the next novel with lead but with this author I am at a total loss. I can not wait for December, so that I can jump on reading the six and what I believe will be the final book.

This amazing series carries tremendous followers, and I believe that is largely to due with the quality of these stories. The VA series may be told from Rose’s point of view, but with her ability to see through Lisa it is almost like having another main character. The amount of emotion rolled into each book allows for more input from many of the other characters, as well and they are all powerful characters. Lastly, I like to note about covers. VA Covers are one of the best looking I come across. Not much for the mystery, but they are amazingly beautiful artwork. So here’s to waiting for December.

Name Plate copy

1 comment:

Maria the Bookworm said...

Oh, I can't help but wonder what you meant about "I am ecstatic about the outcome of Dimitri". After reading Shadow Kiss I was depressed, but I hope it workes out somehow. Team Dimitri :D