Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Monday, May 10

Review: Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong

frostbitten

Title: Frostbitten

By: Kelley Armstrong

Reading Level: Adult Paranormal Romance

Publishers: Bantam Books (Released Sept 29th, 2009)

My Copy: Review Copy from Bantam Books

BookWhisperer Rating:

four stars

Book Description:

The Alaskan wilderness is a harsh landscape in the best of conditions, but with a pack of rogue werewolves on the loose, it’s downright deadly.
Elena Michaels, the Pack’s chief enforcer, knows all too well the havoc “mutts” can wreak.
When word comes of a series of humans apparently killed by wolves near Anchorage, Elena and Clay are sent to check things out. But they find more than they bargained for among the snow and trees of the savage Alaskan wilderness.

reviews plate copy

We have followed Elena Michael through a life time thus far in the Women of the Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong. From denial and resistance of the pack all the way through marriage and twins. This is one character of this series that I never tire of following. She is quite the witty character, and a no bullshit straight to the point kind of attitude. I love this, and feel completely at home when following her stories.  I am impressed by the depth that Armstrong has built this character, and am happy to see her finally in a life that she finds comfort. Although, don’t underestimate that while life is calming down for Cole and Elena the adventures are never ending. Ultimately, the adventures may be the reality that upsets her perfect little world. While we do have this side story running throughout this novel; the main adventure of Frostbitten take the Elena and Cole to Alaska to find characters that starred in the recent novel Men of the Otherworld. Having read this additional novel I completely understood the addition of characters. Although, I fear that had a reader not read it they might struggle with understanding these key players in this novel. Not to distress , I still feel that this is an enjoyable story even if the reader had not read this additional novel. As a reader, I have been following this series for years now, and I always look forward to the next book. Although, I have always had a bit of trouble with Armstrong’s books because the pace seems a little slower than I am comfortable with. As for my notes of this cover; the Women of the Otherworld Series carry a theme with the pendant. This I believe is one of the best covers of the series. I love the model and look for that to be our Elena Michaels; while my assumption is that the wolf is supposed to be that of Cole. This cover is beautiful and a perfect addition to a great story.

Name Plate copy

2 comments:

Amber Skye said...

This actually looks really good. I wasn't sure about Kelley Armstrong's other books apart from The Darkest Powers series, but I definitely want to read this. Thanks for the review!

Heather said...

I love Women of the Otherworld series but Elena's story is by far my favorite. Have you read Tales of the Otherworld or Men of the Otherworld?