Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Saturday, May 1

Review: The Deadly Sister by Eliot Schrefer

the deadly sister

Title: The Deadly Sister

By: Eliot Schrefer

Reading Level: Young Adult Mystery

Publisher: Scholastic Press (May 2010)

BookWhisperer Rating:

two stars

 

Book Description:

Abby Goodwin is sure her sister Tabitha isn't a murderer. But her parents don't agree. Her friends don't agree. And the cops definitely don't agree. Tabitha is a drop-out, a stoner, a girl who's obsessed with her tutor, Clyde Andrews...until he ends up dead. Tabitha runs away, and leaves Abby following the trail of clues. Each piece of evidence points to Tabitha, but it also appears that Clyde had secrets of his own. And enemies. Like his brother, who Abby becomes involved with...until he falls under suspicion.
Is Abby getting closer to finding the true murderer? Or is someone leading her down a twisted false path?

 

reviews plate copy

Eliot Schrefer has created a intricate web of lies in this Young Adult Mystery. After finding a young man dead on her morning run. Abby is sure that her sister can not be to blame. Although, discovering the truth may be a danger all its own. My attention was captured by the book description alone. Although, once I began the story I struggled to stay focused. The potential for an awesome story is evident, but the suspense was lacking. Ultimately, I don’t have a whole lot to review about this particular book. I find myself staring at my computer screen with nothing to say. I would rather not review a book than lack any words to describe it. Look for this book on a second chance giveaway.

Name Plate copy

1 comment:

Amber Skye said...

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy this one. I wasn't planning on reading it, and it looks as if I should just skip it.