Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, May 2

Review: Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

angel star

Title: Angel Star

By: Jennifer Murgia

Reading Level: Young Adult Fiction

Publishers: Lands Atlantic Publishing (May 18th, 2010)

BookWhisperer Rating:

five stars

 

Book Description:

Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams, her guardian angel come to earth. But where there is light, dark follows, and now she is torn between one angel's sacrifice and another angel's vicious ambition that threatens not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows.

reviews plate copy Angel Star is a breath of fresh air to the recent angel trend in fiction. Murgia creates an intricate storyline that continues to interweave throughout the entire story. Being this was an action packed novel from page one; you will find yourself sliding through the book with little effort.  Impressively this author skillfully  avoided extensive character build up, and jumped right into action creating a spell binding book that will not leave a reader wanting. Although, do not underestimate my review for lack of in-depth characterization. Rarely will you find a novel that contains characters of such raw emotion. Not only was I entranced by the Teagan and her Guardian, but also to find such a captivating villain is unheard of in most books.  The talent that this author portrays in this book, has me sold on the books to come. From beginning to end Star Angel is a masterpiece, and completing the novel proves to be just as exciting. Jennifer Murgia creates an ending that will keep the reader on the edge of their seats, and will leave you pondering far past the final page. The intensity of this book was completely astonishing; when I discovered this to the authors first book. I am anxious to see what else will be in store for her future. As for my favorite aspect the cover of this book is very simple and elegant. The Star is a wonderful discovering the book. I love books that you have to read in order to reveal the true meaning of a cover. It is a discovery all of its own.

**Thanks to Jennifer Murgia for the signed ARC of this book

Name Plate copy

4 comments:

Amber Skye said...

Wasn't this a wonderful read? I agree- it was a breath of fresh air. In my experience, angel novels are either extremely good or extremely bad. This one was one of the better ones :) I'm glad to see that you liked it!

http://addicted2reading4evr.blogspot.com/

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Awesome review!! I'm really intrigued!!

Nina said...

Great review, you made me add this book to my tbr list. I have seen this book around, but as they say don't judge a book by it's cover, I did. But now after reading your review, that the characters are great and that there is a lot of action in it, I'm sold. A masterpiece? I need to try it.

Ivana said...

Oh, my review copy is somewhere on its way, I'm so impatient to get it!!! Great review!