Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, April 11

Review: Secret Society by Tom Dolby

secret society

Title: Secret Society

By: Tom Dolby

Level: Young Adult Fiction

Publisher: HarperTeen

BookWhisperer Rating:

      two stars

 

Book Description:

An eccentric new girl. A brooding socialite. The scion of one of New York’s wealthiest families. A promising filmmaker. As students at the exclusive Chadwick School, Phoebe, Lauren, Nick, and Patch already live in a world most teenagers only dream about.

They didn’t ask to be Society members. But when three of them receive a mysterious text message promising success and fame beyond belief, they say yes to everything. Even to the harrowing initiation ceremony in a gritty warehouse downtown, and to the ankh-shaped tattoo they’re forced to get on the nape of their necks.

Once they’re part of the Society, things begin falling into place for them. Week after week, their ambitions are fulfilled. It’s all perfect—until a body is found in Central Park with no distinguishing marks except for an ankh-shaped tattoo.

reviews plate copy

I have to admit that cover of this novel is was first turned my eye on this particular book. Although, I have to say that the cover and the book description did not live up to my expectations. I found this story line to be intriguing of secret societies and such, but I never found a point in this story that it just grabbed my attention and carried me through the rest of the story. It was a constant struggle for me to stay interested in the outcome. This would not be a book that I could whole heartedly recommend to my friends. Sorry for the negative review. This will be a Second Chance Giveaway shortly be on the lookout if you are truly interested in giving it a try.

Name Plate copy

5 comments:

Amber Skye said...

This book is in my TBR pile. I'm still going to give it a shot, but I'm not sure if I'm going to like it. I won it in a contest, so at least I won't feel like I wasted my money. Sorry you didn't care for it!

Book Monster said...

Honest Review, I've seen this many times but keep putting it down whenever I'm in the store.

Nina said...

This have been on my tbrlist for a long time now and I've been seeing a few negative reviews for it. I really like the cover and that makes me really want to buy it. :)
The description sounds also very good. Sorry you didn't like it. I'm going to give it a try..

Ladybug said...

I'm sorry this book didn't work out for you. I reviewed a book yesterday that made me feel the same way.

I've had this book on my wishlist for awhile and I think it stays there, don't think I'll run out to the store to buy my own copy right now.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I wouldn't say it is that negative of a review. We all have books we love and then there are others we just don't connect with. So this is one of the later for you. Thank you for the honest review. :)