Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Wednesday, April 7

Review: Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

rules of attraction

Title: Rules of Attraction

By: Simone Elkeles

Publisher: Walker & Company

Release Date: 04/13/2010

BookWhisperer Rating:

five stars

Book Description:

The sequel to Perfect Chemistry!
When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

reviews plate copy

First off I must thank the publisher for sending me the review copy to this wonderful book. I was a little leery in the beginning, as to how Elkeles would ever be able to create a sequel that held a candle to the awesomeness of Perfect Chemistry. While, I was well aware that this was to be a spin off, and main character was to be that of Carlos instead of Alex I didn’t know if the readers could love another character as much as the first. Ultimately,  my concern was how she would create another novel about a Mexican troublemaker meeting a girl and turning his life around without sounding redundant or the reader feeling like they were rereading Perfect Chemisty. This feeling was quickly dismissed once I began this novel, and I never once had the feeling that I was back in the first novel.

The characters in this book are amazing. We all know Brittany and Alex, and might I add that they have a large part in this book as well. Carlos is just like Alex an ass to the core, but underneath he is just using a image to deflect attention to who he really is. Kiara is my favorite; I think I may be more partial to this character than I was to Brittany. Kiara is backward, shy, and intimated easily; but underneath her thin outside personality she can take control easily and knows what she wants. This character was so detailed and multi-layered that I felt like you are learning her all over again in the middle of the book. Kiara and Alex work so well together, and I was astounded by the intensity of this book.

I have to say Simone Elkeles is another amazing author. I love reading her novels for the witty sense of humor that she is able to put in the writing. There are very few authors that are able to create a scenario that will have you rolling in your chair. Elkeles is able to create every emotion on paper, and knows how to pull the reader in so that they can experience it as if it were their reality. I am happy to say that Simone Elkeles will have me following her publications for years to come.

Lastly, the cover of this book is awesome. I loved it long before I was able to discover its meaning. One of my greatest thrills in reading a book is to discover why it would be that they would choose a particular cover. Most times it is easily you don’t even have to read to figure out why it would be chosen, but I find great pleasure in books that the meaning is a mystery until you read it. This mystery was amazing, and I think it is perfect. No if, and, or buts; this was the one and only cover this book should have. Good luck on your mystery!

Name Plate copy

2 comments:

Angiegirl said...

Completely agreed on the cover. Wowsers! Glad you enjoyed this one. I did, too.

Michelle said...

I'm so looking forward to this one. It's almost out too! I can't wait to read it. :D