Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Wednesday, March 17

Review: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

linger

Title: Linger

By: Maggie Stiefvater

Publisher: Scholastic Press

Release Date: 07/2010

BookWhisperer Rating:

five stars

 

Book Description:

The sequel to Shiver follows the story of Grace and the wolves of Mercy Falls.
Maggie says: "It's about after. What happens after you discover there are werewolves in the wood, after you've fallen in love for the first time, after you've lost what you think you can't live without, after you've become someone you can't live with."
...grace...
This is the story of a boy who used to be a wolf and a girl who was becoming one.
Just a few months ago, it was Sam who was the mythical creature. His was the disease we couldn't cure. His was the good-bye that meant the most. He had the body that was a mystery, too strange and wonderful and terrifying to comprehend.
But now it is spring. With the heat, the remaining wolves will soon be falling out of their wolf pelts and back into their human bodies. Sam stays Sam, and Cole stays Cole, and it's only me who's not firmly in my own skin.

reviews plate copy Maggie Stiefvater has outdone herself again. This is the sequel to the last years release of Shiver. A very original story about a girl and her wolves. Only this is a werewolf story unlike any other. Linger expanded the cast of characters that I found to be refreshing. I have concluded that I believe this story to be even better than the first book, and am anxious to read the third and final book. Grace and Sam have a love like no other that I never tire of reading, although I was overcome by the events produced in Linger. Cole being the newest main character of this story was a exhilarating addition, and I feel made this book what it was. I look for him to be a permanent fixture that continues in the third book. This three books series is very unusual and does not follow the a typical structure of werewolf books giving it a independence from the normal stereotypes. This is a must read that will not disappoint.

Name Plate copy

5 comments:

Book Monster said...

I had mixed feelings about Shiver, but something deep down tells me to be excited for Linger.

My 5 Monkeys(Julie) said...

sounds like a great book-- already have it on order through amazon.

Kris said...

Geez! I can't wait for this one to come out!

Amber Skye said...

Argh! I can't wait for this book to come out. I hope I love it as much as I loved Shiver.

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

I am dying to read this one, so glad you loved it!