Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, March 21

Review: The DressKeeper by Mary Naylus

Title: Dresskeeper
By: Mary Naylus
Published: Prospera Publishing (2009)
BookWhisperer Rating:


Book Description:
When Picky's Mum forces her to look after Gran, who has dementia, Picky is accidentally transported back to the year 1685, where a man in a wig insists she is someone called Amelia and tries to kill her. Managing to get the dress off just in time, Picky returns to the present with the dress covered in blood. Who is Amelia? Is she dead? Will wearing the other dresses in the chest take Picky back in time too? And does she dare put herself in danger again?



Review: I am very torn about this book. I feel myself desperately wanting to enjoy it back everytime I begin again; I find myself bored and putting the book back down. After 100+ pages I have to say that this is not the book for me.

The story line is interesting and the thought of clothing taking you back in time to relive the past of another is intrigueing, and I found myself greatly enjoying the dialect and accent in which this book is written. Although, even above all of these interesting aspect of the story I can not continue. The actual story was one with great potential, but lacked the intensity in grabbing my attention to carry it through.

Keep an eye out for this to be a Second Chance Giveaway.

2 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Sorry you didn't dig it. I LOVED it.

brizmus said...

Exactly what Juju said. So sad to hear you didn't like this. I thought it was FANTASTIC!