Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, December 20

Review: Fallen by Lauren Kate

fallen

Title: Fallen

By: Lauren Kate

Release: 12/08/2009 Delacorte Press

BookWhisperer Rating:

four stars

Book Description:

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

reviews plate copy

Angels seem to be the common trend this season. First Hush, Hush breaking the literary world into the idea; then followed with this extraordinary tale in Fallen. I have spent the last two days solid reading this book all the way through.  This is another addicting read that will leave you questioning for days to come, or until the next books is released. Kate writes with emotion spilling from the pages allowing her readers to not only read the story, but experience it first hand.

Being Lauren Kate first book I was impressed by her ability to rise above. Although, the story line did appear vaguely jumbled in the beginning as author was attempting set up the storyline, as well as, Luce’s past for the back-story. Though, once the story progressed the transition from past to present became fluent and easily distinguishable. Proving that the author quickly adapted to the flow of her own story once momentum was build. Lauren Kate is no amateur in my book and the twists were not lost on this book.

Few books can you find that contain so many awesome characters in one book. Luce is the main character and the carrier of this story, obviously. Although, this story required all of the other character for the formation of such a tremendous story. The length of Fallen at moments seemed extreme, but once finished it was required and worth very minute that Kate spent building each and every character. Once the book began nearing the end every detail became clear quickly.

My instincts tell me this is not a story to be taken lightly, and that this author is not done yet. So it would be best to remember everything read. When she manages to twist your story once more in the last two pages of the story; it is safe to assume their is more excitement to come. The conclusion: I am sold!

 

Name Plate copy

4 comments:

Book Monster said...

I am sold too!!! I loved this book. I thought Lauren Kate did very well, especially with imagery and setting up a feel to it. I loved all the characters, though at times I hated Daniel.
I'm excited for Torment :) Great review

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Great review. I like your little cautionary note at the end.

J. Kaye said...

I have this on my reading list! Can't wait.

Melissa (My World) said...

I love hearing of books that you can't put down and have to keep reading to get all the way through it now.

I have this on my list and am looking forward to when I can get it. Thanks for the great review!