Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, November 15

BWB Review: Queene of Light by Jennifer Armintrout


Title: Queen of Light
By: Jennifer Armintrout
Reading Level: Adult
Series: A Lightworld/Darkworld Novel
BookWhisperer Rating:


Book Description:
In a time not long from now, the veil between fantasy and reality is ripped asunder creatures of myth and fairytale spill into the mortal world. Enchanted yet horrified, humans force the magical beings Underground, to colonize the sewers and abandoned subway tunnels beneath their glittering cities.


But even magic folk cannot dwell in harmony and soon two Worlds emerge: the Lightworld, home to faeries, dragons and dwarves; and the Darkworld, where vampires, werewolves, angels and demons lurk.

Now, in the dank and shadowy place between Lightworld and Darkworld, a transformation is about to begin....

Ayla, a half-faery, half-human assassin is stalked by Malachi, a Death Angel tasked with harvesting mortal souls. They clash. Immortality evaporates, forging a bond neither may survive. And in the face of unbridled ambitions and untested loyalties, an ominous prophecy is revealed that will shake the Worlds.

I have read all of the Blood Ties series by Jennifer Armintrout, and I have to say first off that I had trouble reading that series also. It was as if Armintrout is writing about her characters but struggling to know them. Queene of Light struck me exactly the same way. You travel through the story with her, but are lacking to feeling of presence. Feeling distant from her stories leaves my mind wanderingand my attention is lost. My feelings toward this book are ultimately that it is lacking, and I do not feel that it inspired me in anyway.



2 comments:

Emily said...

I feel exactly the same way about this book. I didn't dislike it, necessarily, but at the end of it I felt like, who cares? Who cares about any of this? Why did any of this happen? I thought the settings were the best part. Great review!

Melissa (My World) said...

I am sorry to hear that you didn't really care for the book. I was hoping for great things here. The description sounded like there could have been a good story here.

Thank you for the review.